Hello everyone! As you may have noticed, things have been a bit quiet in the Pixel Art category, so here I have brought together an update on what's going on around the place.Another addition: Cyangmou
has contacted me about a project that they are working on for a 16bit JRPG MMO, which you can read about here: cyangmou.deviantart.com/art/SE…
and in support here: www.indiegogo.com/seyken
. A lot of effort and team work has already gone into this ambitious project and the game is looking quite promising already, I encourage anyone who was a fan of the classic 16bit game style to check it out!Important Addition:
Two highly significant articles were written that are well worth checking out, even though they may or may not be directly about Pixel Art, they touch on major issues relating to the category. Of Miscats and Misconceptions
and On the Importance of Submitting Icons Correctly
Firstly, I am well into the major article on Pixel Art, and still considering between one large article or splitting it into small parts. I would split it, but I want to make sure people get to read about areas of Pixel Art that they may not already be familiar with, which they might be less likely to seek out if it's not all a part of one article. If there are things you want to me add or address in the article, feel free to comment below.
Secondly, there has been a new Icons and Handhelds CV introduced, ValaSedai
This means that you can now send your Icons suggestions to her (remember, even if they are pixelled, their purpose comes before their medium), and you should also make her feel welcome too c:
Some great pixel groups to get involved with:
- Now sporting a new eye-catching icon and has a new tutorials area.
- a large group with a wide variety of gallery areas to check out.
- another large group, who've recently started up their own Facebook page.
- a more medium sized group, if you prefer that size.
- Features commission information and a variety of pixels and artists.
- a medium to large group also focusing on a variety of pixelled art.
- a pixel group that primarily focuses on awesome game related pixel art.
If you have anything your up to in your corner of the pixel community, and would like it added here or promoted in general, please feel free to note me about it c: